Atlas Retail Energy, one of the leading energy advisory firms in the U.S., is seeking an Energy Advisor with a proven track record of annual retail energy sales of over $250K to join our growing team. This candidate will be an integral part of expanding Atlas’ portfolio among C&I clients in the U.S.
Energy Advisors are responsible for developing new business for ARE and maintaining their clientele’s energy strategy after the initial sale. Responsibilities include being accountable for the entire sales process from lead generation to close in addition to maintaining the client relationship. This role is primarily an inside sales role where approximately 80% of your time will be in the office and 20% of your time will be spent fulfilling the same revenue generation duties outside of the office via client meetings and industry events. This is a full-time position and advisors are expected to work 40 hours a week over five days in the office and reach out to approximately 70 prospective clients a day.
Who You Are
You’re composed, entrepreneurial, and tenacious. You’re interested in business development with an innovative-oriented mindset. You understand that the energy industry is ever-changing and requires a fearless, “no quit” mentality. You enjoy developing new solutions for the dynamic hurdles clients face daily. People describe you as an excellent communicator that takes ownership for getting the deal done.
- 1-3 years minimum sales experience
- Preference for an undergraduate degree in a related field
- An understanding of the Energy Procurement and Advisory space
- Proven annual retail energy sales revenue of $250k+
- Existing relationships with annual value exceeding $300k
- Preferred geographical locations (in no particular order): Chicago, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Cleveland/Columbus, Washington D.C./Baltimore, Houston, Dallas
- Must be willing to spend 50 percent of time in Boston, MA during the onboarding process
- Ability to conduct in-depth discovery conversations to identify opportunities and pain points
- Ability to implement a sales strategy from lead generation to close
- Customer Relationship Management Software (CRM) experience
What We Offer:
- A transparent and accountable culture of purpose where we are invested in your happiness and career growth
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Professional Sales Training
- Accelerated Management Courses