Atlas Retail Energy (ARE) is seeking applications to fill multiple full-time positions for Associate Energy Advisors in its newly expanded headquarters outside of Boston, MA. The role is ideal for entry-level professionals looking to gain experience in sales, business development, and client service within the energy industry. The position will work and learn from senior-level energy advisors and directly contribute to helping commercial and industrial end-users of electricity and natural gas in deregulated markets develop and maintain their energy strategies.
Associate Energy Advisors are responsible for developing new business for ARE and maintaining their clientele’s energy strategy after the initial sale. Responsibilities include being accountable for the entire sales process from lead generation to close, in addition to maintaining the client relationship. This role is primarily an inside sales role where approximately 80% of your time will be in the office and 20% of your time will be spent fulfilling the same revenue generation duties outside of the office via client meetings and industry events. This is a full-time position and Advisors are expected to work 40 hours a week over five days in the office and reach out to approximately 70 prospective clients a day.
Who You Are
You’re composed, entrepreneurial, and tenacious. You’re interested in business development with an innovative-oriented mindset. You understand that the energy industry is ever-changing and requires a fearless, “no quit” mentality. You enjoy developing new solutions for the dynamic hurdles clients face daily. People describe you as an excellent communicator that takes ownership for getting the deal done.
- 6-months minimum sales experience
- Cold calling experience
- College degree not required if candidate displays success in past sales role
- Proven success in overcoming rejections/failure
- Ability to conduct in-depth discovery conversations to identify opportunities and pain points
- Ability to implement a sales strategy from lead generation to close
- Customer Relationship Management Software (CRM) experience
What We Offer:
- A culture of purpose where we are invested in your happiness and career growth
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Professional Sales Training
- Accelerated Management Courses